Tuesday 11 November 2008

A Successful Writer's View Of Self-Promotion

Victoria Strauss is one of those writers that we all wish we could be. Not only has she published umpteen best-selling books, she's also extremely well-regarded in the writing world for her tireless efforts in exposing publishing scams over at Writer Beware which she runs with Ann Crispin, another ridiculously successful writer.

Both Victoria and Ann regularly contribute to the forums at Absolute Write and while I was browsing there today I spotted this little gem from Victoria: it's not long, but it's a very useful analysis of book promotion, and just a few of the problems that writers with small publishers will face when trying to promote their work. While she wrote it in response to one particular publisher, the information she gives applies to them all. I hope it's useful.

2 comments:

Thomma Lyn said...

Thanks for the link! I admire Victoria and the excellent work she does as a writer and as a scambuster.

Jane Smith said...

And I'm thrilled because today, she linked to me.

I must be doing SOMETHING right, then!